Sports Podiatry Forest Hill
Sports Podiatry Conditions We Treat
At Lefort Podiatry, we treat a number of sports podiatry conditions which include:
- Achilles Tendon Pain – Achilles tendon problems are most often caused by overuse or repetitive movements that may happen during sports, work, or other activities
- Arch Pain – A common cause of injury to these structures is an abnormal foot posture, often where the foot excessively roll inwards placing an excessive amount of strain on the supportive structures of the foot
- Bursitis – A bursa is a fluid filled cushioning sac generally located where tendons pass over areas of bone around the joints
- Forefoot Pain – Forefoot pain, also referred to as metatarsalgia, is a type of pain that occurs in the ball of the foot (around the tip of the metatarsal bones)
- Foot And Ankle Stress Fractures – Stress fractures may also occur without overuse in bone that is weakened by medical conditions condition such as Osteoporosis.
- Heel Pain – Although there are many conditions that cause heel pain, Plantar Fasciitis is the most common condition treated by our professional team of podiatrists
- Knee, Hip And Back Pain – Your podiatrist will be able to determine whether your knee, hip and/or lower back problems are related to your foot posture and manage this pain with treatments such as Orthotics and heel lifts
- Morton’s Neuroma – Morton’s Neuroma is an enlarged nerve that usually occurs in the third interspace, which is between the third and fourth toes
- Myofascial Pain – Myofascial pain is related to trigger points that are painful knots within a tight band of muscle. Pain frequently radiates from these points of local tenderness to broader areas, sometimes distant from the trigger point itself
- Muscle Cramps – Muscle Cramps are spasms that occur most commonly in the calf muscles behind the lower leg and in the small foot muscles on the bottom of the foot
- Shin Splints – Shin Splints have traditionally been a term used to describe the pain felt typically along the inside edge or the front of the lower leg.
Sports Podiatry Forest Hill
Our sports podiatry Doveton and Forest Hill clinics can help you resolve a wide range of painful conditions.
Sports Podiatry Services We Offer
We also offer a range of general podiatry services including:
- Dry Needling – Dry Needling is a treatment in which your podiatrist will insert a very fine acupuncture needle into the skin and muscle directly at a myofascial trigger point
- Joint Mobilisation And Manipulation – Joint Mobilisation involves controlled gliding movements by a podiatrist at various joint positions to restore normal joint motion. It serves to break up restrictions in joint tissue and therefore increases range of motion, reduces pain or both
- Prolotherapy Injections – Prolotherapy is an injection technique whose primary intent is to repair connective tissue (predominantly tendons and ligaments). The term Proli is Latin for “to grow.”
- Shockwave/Heel Pain – Shockwave Therapy offers patients a gentle and non-invasive treatment without the need for ultrasound guidance, anaesthesia, medication or surgical procedures to achieve effective results
- Soft Tissue Mobilisation – Soft Tissue Mobilisation is a manual therapy consisting of rhythmic stretching and deep pressure to the soft tissue of the lower leg, ankle and foot.
- Sports Orthotics – Our Sports Orthotics are designed with specific features such as varying levels of flexibility within the shell of the orthotic, lightweight material and covering material to reduce blisters. The design of our custom made sports orthotics will depend on the type and level of sporting activity.
Our Service Area