Our Podiatry Clinic Near Vermont treats:
Lefort Podiatry provides relief for general podiatry conditions to residents of Vermont and surrounding suburbs.
- Bunions – A bunion, technically termed Hallux Abducto Valgus, is a structural foot deformity involving the bones of the big toe (Hallux) and the 1st metatarsal and the joint involving these two bones.
- Corns and Callouses – This condition occurs on the ball of the foot and the heel typically, and is the result of excess pressure.
- Children’s Feet – Children are not small adults. The feet of young children are soft and pliable, so abnormal pressures can easily cause the foot to deform.
- Flat Feet – Flat feet refers to the position of the feet when one is standing.
- Fungal Toenail Infection – Fungal toenail infections are actually fairly common affecting approximately 10% of the adult population with an increased percentage in those over 60 years of age and those with conditions such as diabetes.
- Heel Pain – Although there are many conditions that cause heel pain, Plantar Fasciitis is the most common condition treated by our professional team of podiatrists.
- Plantar Wart Treatment – Warts on the foot are growths on the skin caused by a virus called Human Papillomavirus (HPV).
- Sweaty Feet – Excessive sweating, medically termed Hyperhidrosis, is often occupationally disabling and socially embarrassing.
General Podiatry Services We Offer
We also offer a range of general podiatry services including:
- Diabetic Foot Care – Having your feet checked every six months by a podiatrist will help detect changes early to minimise the chances of problems occurring.
- Ingrown Nail Surgery – The procedure is undertaken under local anaesthetic. A small and quick injection of local anaesthetic is administered by the podiatrist into either side of the nominated toe to completely numb the entire toe.
- Orthotics – Foot orthotics are shoe inserts designed by podiatrists to support, align, or improve the function of the foot.
- Wart Treatment – We use a range of different wart treatment options which include liquid nitrogen, acid preparations, formalin 10%, silver nitrate, efudix cream, deep needling and surgery.