Podiatry Mt Waverly
Our Podiatry Clinic Near Mt Waverly treats:
Lefort Podiatry provides relief for general podiatry conditions to residents of Mt Waverly and surrounding suburbs.
- Arthritic Foot and Ankle Joints – There are 26 main bones and 2 special small bones underneath the great toe called sesamoid bones. As a result, there are more than 30 joints within the foot. Given this fact and the amount of force the feet undergo during everyday life it is not surprising that arthritis within the foot is not uncommon.
- Bunions – This condition is a physical foot deformity involving the 1st metatarsal and the bones of the big toe.
- Corns and Callouses – Corns and Callous are generally the result of excessive pressure and commonly occur under the ball of the foot, the periphery of the heels and over the digits.
- Children’s Feet – Children’s feet are particularly delicate and any applied forces can more easily deform their feet.
- Flat Feet – Flat feet refers to the position of the feet when one is standing.
- Fungal Toenail Infection – Fungus can sometimes infect toenails. This condition affects about 10% of the population, especially the elderly and diabetic.
- Heel Pain – Heel is most often caused by plantar faciitis.
- Plantar Wart Treatment – Warts on the foot are growths on the skin caused by a virus called Human Papillomavirus (HPV).
- Sweaty Feet – Excessive sweating, medically termed Hyperhidrosis, is often occupationally disabling and socially embarrassing.
- Thick and Discoloured Nails – There are many causes or thickening and discolouration of the toenails including trauma, skin conditions and fungal toenail infection.
General Podiatry Services We Offer
We also offer a range of general podiatry services including:
- Diabetic Foot Care – Having your feet checked every six months by a podiatrist will help detect changes early to minimise the chances of problems occurring.
- Ingrown Nail Surgery – The procedure is undertaken under local anaesthetic. A small and quick injection of local anaesthetic is administered by the podiatrist into either side of the nominated toe to completely numb the entire toe.
- Orthotics – Foot orthotics are shoe inserts designed by podiatrists to support, align, or improve the function of the foot.
- Wart Treatment – We use a range of different wart treatment options which include liquid nitrogen, acid preparations, formalin 10%, silver nitrate, efudix cream, deep needling and surgery.