Our Podiatry Clinic Near Burwood treats:
Lefort Podiatry provides relief for general podiatry conditions to residents of Burwood and surrounding suburbs.
- Arthritic Foot and Ankle Joints – There are 26 main bones and 2 special small bones underneath the great toe called sesamoid bones. As a result, there are more than 30 joints within the foot. Given this fact and the amount of force the feet undergo during everyday life it is not surprising that arthritis within the foot is not uncommon.
- Bunions – A bunion, technically termed Hallux Abducto Valgus, is a structural foot deformity involving the bones of the big toe (Hallux) and the 1st metatarsal and the joint involving these two bones.
- Corns and Callouses – This condition occurs on the ball of the foot and the heel typically, and is the result of excess pressure.
- Children’s Feet – Children’s feet are particularly delicate and any applied forces can more easily deform their feet.
- Flat Feet – Flat feet refers to the position of the feet when one is standing.
- Fungal Toenail Infection – Fungal toenail infections are actually fairly common affecting approximately 10% of the adult population with an increased percentage in those over 60 years of age and those with conditions such as diabetes.
- Heel Pain – Although there are many conditions that cause heel pain, Plantar Fasciitis is the most common condition treated by our professional team of podiatrists.
- Plantar Wart Treatment – Warts on the foot are growths on the skin caused by a virus called Human Papillomavirus (HPV).
- Sweaty Feet – Excessive sweating, medically termed Hyperhidrosis, is often occupationally disabling and socially embarrassing.
General Podiatry Services We Offer
We also offer a range of general podiatry services including:
- Diabetic Foot Care – Regular checks, every 6 months, will be able to catch any issues early to prevent complications.
- Ingrown Nail Surgery – The procedure is undertaken under local anaesthetic. A small and quick injection of local anaesthetic is administered by the podiatrist into either side of the nominated toe to completely numb the entire toe.
- Orthotics – Orthotics are insertions that help support the foot and realign it.
- Wart Treatment – We use a range of different wart treatment options which include liquid nitrogen, acid preparations, formalin 10%, silver nitrate, efudix cream, deep needling and surgery.