LOCAL PODIATRIST NEAR Mitcham
Our Podiatry Clinic Near Mitcham treats:
Lefort Podiatry provides relief for general podiatry conditions to residents of Mitcham and surrounding suburbs.
- Bunions – A bunion, technically termed Hallux Abducto Valgus, is a structural foot deformity involving the bones of the big toe (Hallux) and the 1st metatarsal and the joint involving these two bones.
- Corns and Callouses – This condition occurs on the ball of the foot and the heel typically, and is the result of excess pressure.
- Children’s Feet – Children’s feet are particularly delicate and any applied forces can more easily deform their feet.
- Flat Feet – Flat feet refers to the position of the feet when one is standing.
- Fungal Toenail Infection – Fungus can sometimes infect toenails. This condition affects about 10% of the population, especially the elderly and diabetic.
- Heel Pain – Although there are many conditions that cause heel pain, Plantar Fasciitis is the most common condition treated by our professional team of podiatrists.
- Plantar Wart Treatment – Warts on the foot are growths on the skin caused by a virus called Human Papillomavirus (HPV).
- Sweaty Feet – Excessive sweating, medically termed Hyperhidrosis, is often occupationally disabling and socially embarrassing.
- Thick and Discoloured Nails – There are many causes or thickening and discolouration of the toenails including trauma, skin conditions and fungal toenail infection.
General Podiatry Services We Offer
We also offer a range of general podiatry services including:
- Diabetic Foot Care – Regular checks, every 6 months, will be able to catch any issues early to prevent complications.
- Ingrown Nail Surgery – The procedure is undertaken under local anaesthetic. A small and quick injection of local anaesthetic is administered by the podiatrist into either side of the nominated toe to completely numb the entire toe.
- Orthotics – Orthotics are insertions that help support the foot and realign it.
- Wart Treatment – We use a range of different wart treatment options which include liquid nitrogen, acid preparations, formalin 10%, silver nitrate, efudix cream, deep needling and surgery.